Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Read Zilch About It!!

I used to sort of like Ron Paul
I, too, think government’s immense:
Too many workers overall
Though wider service makes more sense
Ensuring citizens feel key,
In good health and financially.

I, too, don’t think the Afghan War
Is worth the cost in blood and cash.
Iraq‘s, I wish we soon forswore
Sans mass destruction weapons cache
That W swore Saddam had held,
But CIA intelligence smelled.

Now any warmth I felt for Paul
Has frozen over with the news
Of obscene rants that make me crawl
He wrote to slam gays, blacks and Jews,
Which since, he’s struggled to disclaim.
They came out, though, above his name.

What disappoints me just as much
Is how news junkies such as I
Were woefully so out of touch
Of ugly sentiments that belie
Paul’s image as a decent sort
Who merits GOP support.

A well-regarded magazine,
The New Republic, spelled them out
Four years ago. As if unseen,
The revelations had no clout.
Until Paul surged ahead in polls,
Mass media bared neglectful souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment